10 Reasons Lemons Are A Superfood
Lemon juice is an excellent source of vitamins C and B, proteins, carbohydrates, and phosphorous.
The flavanoids within the juice are said to contain antioxidants, which is why it’s so useful in treating so many ailments and conditions.
We know how it can cure you of the hiccups and wake up your liver and help flush out toxins in the morning, but here are
10 Health Benefits Associated With Lemons:
• Constipation and diarrhoea relief. Lemons help cleanse the digestive track and allow food to digest properly.
• Lemons aid in the production of antibodies in the blood that attack invading microorganisms and prevent infection.
• Lemon is found to be anti carcinogenic, which can lower the rates of colon, prostate, and breast cancer.
• Because of its high potassium content, lemon controls high blood pressure, dizziness, and nausea, and provides relaxation to mind and body.
• Lemons feature antibacterial properties that help aid sore throats. Mix half of a lemon with water and gargle.
• Lemons are great for colds, the flu, and fevers. They help stop the fever by increasing perspiration.
• Lemon has antiseptic and styptic properties, so it can stop internal bleeding. For instance, you can put some lemon on a cotton ball and apply it to the inside of your nose to stop a nose bleed.
• Lemon mixed with water is great for anyone who has respiratory problems like asthma because of its rich source of vitamin C.
• A cup of warm water with lemon and a pinch of Himalayan salt can help with weight loss and lower cholesterol.